For this week’s Consolation Meals Friday, we have now a scrumptious Goan prawn curry from Allwyn Dias, head chef on the Fairmont in St Andrews.
In a time the place this can be very unlikely you’ll be heading abroad, the Fairmont in St Andrews has launched “The Journey Sequence” – a five-part globetrotting expertise the place visitors might be transported the world over via a programme of culinary takeovers to fulfill their travelling cravings.
Debuting in November and operating till early 2021, the collection will have fun a distinct tradition every month.
And the Fairmont kitchen will showcase a brand new chef; a grasp of every nation’s delicacies, to arrange an extravagant expertise of foods and drinks.
The Journey Sequence kicked off with head chef Allwyn Dias’ tackle “A Style of India” which delivered to life the superb delicacies of his homeland Goa in Western India.
Should you like this recipe yow will discover extra of our Consolation Meals Friday recipes here.
Goan prawn curry
For the marinade:
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- three garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp recent garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
For the curry:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 inexperienced chillies
- 1 onion
- 1 giant tomato
- 450g prawns
- 2 tsp tamarind focus
- 1 cup coconut milk
- To start out, heat a small skillet/frying pan over a medium warmth and toast the entire spices (coriander, cumin and mustard seeds) for a few minutes till aromatic. The mustard seeds might begin to pop which is an efficient signal to cease.
- Roughly chop the garlic and ginger and crush with the salt to a clean paste. Add the toasted spices and crush. Add the remaining powdered spices and blend to type a clean paste.
- Finely cube the chilli and onion and chop the tomato.
- Subsequent, heat the oil in a medium-large skillet or different shallow pan over a medium warmth.
- Prepare dinner the onion within the oil for a couple of minutes till it has softened. Add the spice paste and stir via. Prepare dinner for a minute or two then add the tomato and chili and let the liquid virtually disappear – it will take a few minute.
- Add the tamarind and coconut milk to the pan and blend collectively. Then add the prawns till cooked via, which can take a few minutes max.
- Serve over rice.
For extra on this collection…