The Easter vacation season is upon us. Whereas most of us won’t be able to journey to rejoice the vacation due to the COVID-19 security parameters barring congregating, many people will nonetheless be getting day off from work and faculty and might be touring house, together with individuals dwelling with epilepsy.
Nevertheless, for some individuals dwelling with epilepsy, generally the considered even leaving their home to do one thing so simple as grocery procuring may cause some fear.
It is just comprehensible that the prospect of touring and happening trip may additionally carry up fears and nervousness.
Due to this fact, it is very important discuss how you can handle your epilepsy and stop the worry and nervousness related to epilepsy whereas touring or on trip.
To assist reduce a few of these fears and nervousness, learn on for a few of useful suggestions for secure journey:
- Pack loads of your epilepsy medication. Sufficient to final greater than the size of your journey.
- Preserve your medication within the authentic packaging and take a replica of your prescription with you.
- Carry your medication on you and in a couple of place. You don’t need to threat shedding it
- If there might be a time distinction at your vacation spot, plan what time it’s worthwhile to take your medication. Set reminders in your cellphone
- Ensure you are correctly insured. To be lined, you will want to declare that you’ve epilepsy while you purchase journey insurance coverage.
- Be additional conscious of your triggers while you’re happening vacation. Disrupted sleep, journey stress, lacking meals, consuming alcohol are extra possible in case you are going away.
- If you’re touring with different individuals, ask them to assist you in staying secure.
- Plan to get the sleep that you simply want.
- Keep secure. If you happen to wouldn’t usually swim alone, cycle, have late nights or drink alcohol, attempt to keep away from doing this stuff if you are away
- Carrying some medical ID and details about how you can assist you probably have a seizure is a good suggestion
– The author is an epilepsy consciousness activist and the Nationwide Secretary, Nationwide Epilepsy Coordination Committee (NECC)